Happy Sunday! As we prepare for little arrival, I’m soaking up every bit of quiet alone time I can and mostly filling it with reading. Under the advisement of a few friends, I’ve also begun putting together my maternity leave bucket list. My friends have warned that while a newborn will make my schedule more erratic, they can be a bit… boring and I’ll have time to indulge in tv shows, podcasts, and if I’m lucky, a few books. While I will be filling my time by knocking out my current goals, there are a few books I’m very excited to get reading.
Without further ado, here are seven books currently on my reading list. Click the titles for the descriptions.
- You Think It, I’ll Say It: Stories by Curtis Sittenfeld (currently reading for my book club)
- Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms by Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Jackie’s Girl: My Life with the Kennedy Family by Kathy McKeon
- You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life by Eleanor Roosevelt
- The Ghost Ship of Brooklyn: An Untold Story of the American Revolution by Robert P. Watson
- My Life in France by Julia Child
Any other recommendations to add to my list?
I’m always looking for new, interesting books to enjoy.
This blog post was not sponsored but contains links as part of an affiliate program I participate in. Meaning, if you click through and purchase, at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission. I have student loans to pay… help a sister out.