Magazines are a life source for me. While I can truly find anything I need on Pinterest, there’s something about the carefully considered layouts, the editorial messages, and let’s be frank, the glossiness of the pages. There’s so much joy for me flipping through the pages, criticizing fashions I would never dream of wearing and getting lost in meaningful essays by contributors. I subscribe to eleven magazines – yes, eleven. I’m telling you, I’m a junky. But below are the seven magazines I read cover to cover every month.
- Vanity Fair – I live for Graydon Carter’s editorials in every month’s edition and the articles are thoughtful pieces of real journalism.
- Real Simple – This magazine has been on my must-read list since I first picked it up in 2004. If you need practical life tips and recipes, this is perfect for you.
- Women’s Health – For all of my fitness and health needs, I turn to Women’s Health.
- Martha Stewart Living – No one does it like Martha. I find to her magazine to be truly aspirational for me.
- Marie Claire – A girl likes her girly stuff. Enough said.
- Coastal Living – The number of quality articles about historical coastal topics and modern travel essays are worth every dollar of the subscription fee.
- HGTV – Holding this magazine is like taking every amazing show on the network and smashing it into one amazing periodical. Practical, realistic, and… beautiful. This magazine is beautiful.
Because I feel like I’m neglecting them, I also receive: Elle, Vogue, InStyle, and Family Circle.
Oh… and Entertainment Weekly. Ha!