The generally accepted definition of pet peeves is “something that a particular person finds especially annoying.” I think we are all annoyed by other people but pet peeves take it to a whole other level. And I find them fascinating.
Below are my top five pet peeves:
- Leaving doors and drawers half open. Kitchen cabinets particularly bug me because it makes the kitchen look messy.
- Unnecessarily spreading out because the space is available. Manspreading, groups taking over a sidewalk, putting stuff all over a hotel room, randomly placing things across a countertop.
- Watching videos in public with the sound up high. Everyone doesn’t need to hear it.
- Someone who makes a hurtful or offensive “joke” and then gets defensive when “you’re being sensitive.” Your sense of humor sucks if it comes at the expense of others.
- Repetitive noises like tapping or clicking. Suuuper annoying.
What are some of your pet peeves?